[meteorite-list] Shooting Pictures of Meteorites??

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:56:18 +0000

Hi Jim,

Good topic :-)

I use a Nikon DSLR and macro lens mostly or a Fujifilm bridge camera.
For me though it's not about the camera but the lighting. Although i
like shooting in daylight i tend to use artificial lighting to be able
to easily reproduce my results. I use a pop up light tent which is
basically a white fabric cube with one face of the cube open to shoot
through. I then use a fibre optic light with intensity control as a
single source light. Prior to this i used a single lightbulb with
similar results :-)

Works well for me :-)

Cheers

Martin