[meteorite-list] meteorite-list] List is getting torpid

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 19:34:26 -0400

Greetings all,

One problem in my opinion, is having too many areas (websites) for the
meteorite subject considering the amount of people who are actually
involved in Meteorites. It would be different if there were an active
million people wanting to discuss the subject.

I also think some of the posts here are redundant and people are
capable of looking up their own information without someone posting
multipal times a week on an area that most of us go and search anyway.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to post once every two three months for new
comers.

Art, rather than charge for ads (although that would stop the chronic
ad posters), require people to post an informative meteorite post
before they can post an ad (still only one time a week). Post as many
informative post as you want. (that's a new concept here)

We also need ideas and someone to stimulate posts. Perhaps by having a
helper of Art's to post a suggested topic each week we could discuss.
Could also be once a month.

Don't know about the rest of everyone but I was very busy the last two
years and have not been able to post much here. I usually read books on
the subject and post ideas here when I am done reading to get
discussion going.

The list does need to be monitored to keep it at a certain respectable level.

Just some ideas.

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites
25 years as a dealer