[meteorite-list] Results of ANSMET Nomad Robotic Meteorite RecoveryEffort?

From: Carl Agee <agee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 13:49:13 -0700

Not to get too far off meteorite topic, but anecdotally when I am
hiking with my border collies, I can usually spot a well camouflaged
coyote or wild horse walking on the next hillside, well before my dogs
do. They on the other hand, only need to get a whiff of a few
down-wind molecules to know there is something over there. So my
advice is forget about robots and dogs for spotting meteorites --
unless, in the case of dogs, the meteorites have an anomalous odor --
which possibly fresh falls do!!

Carl Agee
*************************************
Carl B. Agee
Director and Curator, Institute of Meteoritics
Professor, Earth and Planetary Sciences
MSC03 2050
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131-1126