[meteorite-list] 12 Ancient Meteorite Coins For Sale

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 14:50:41 -0500

Hi List,

Today I am offering 12 different ancient meteorite coins.

http://www.meteoriteusa.com/coins.htm

Modern day meteorite coins are popular. They are mass produced and
each one is identical to the rest. Although some may be limited in the
number made and legal tender in the area they are minted, they don't
go into circulation.

Ancient coins tell a story of history. They were circulated and used
as currency. They were the money of ancient civilization. Early coins
have images of the current ruler and possibly other important people
of the time. The reverse side of the coins can show objects, events or
even animals that hold significance to the times. Every ancient coin
was struck by hand on irregular blanks. This made each coin unique and
one-of-a-kind. I have never seen 2 ancient coins that looked exactly
alike. If I came across identical ancient coins, one or both would
most likely be fakes.

It's obvious by their coins that ancient civilization held meteorites
in high regard. There's a small group of coins that have meteorite
images on their reverse side. History tells us these stones were seen
"to fall from Heaven" and some were worshiped as direct signs from the
"gods" of the day. Although the stones were something special, as
rulers died, were killed or overthrown, the meteorites have been lost.
All that remains are some written words and the coins of those times
showing us these remarkable stones.

Because every ancient coin is different and unique - each one is
special. If I was a collector and not a dealer, I wouldn't sell any
of them - but last year I started searching for these elusive coins to
bring them to the meteorite marketplace and to the people that would
appreciate them most. I search thousands of coins from different
dealers looking for ancient meteorite coins. They are rare. Some I
don't buy. I recently saw a bronze coin with a meteorite shown inside
a shrine offered for $6900.00 and to my surprise it sold in one day.

Consider buying one of these ancient meteorite coins from me or
someone else and see for yourself how beautiful and unique they are.
They aren't making any more of them.

Thanks for looking!

John