[meteorite-list] Lunar Meteorite Quiz - How big an object with velocity to get a new Lunar Meteorite to Earth?

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 13:45:17 -0800 (PST)

List,
? For those that are interested in transit times and lunar impacts that result in Lunar Meteorites here on Earth, Dr. Randy Korotev has written a very good summary on this topic and his website answers the basic questions posed-
http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/

Some of the questions answered are-
How Did Lunar Meteorites Get Here?
Do All Lunar Meteorites Come from One Big Impact on the Moon?
Does It Take a Big Impact to Launch
a Lunar Meteoroid?
and many more. ?Take a read of his website written for the Washington University in St. Louis. Thank you Dr. Korotev!

Dirk Ross...Tokyo?

P.S. The reason I posed the question in the first place was because of the recent announcement about a large lunar impact recorded on the Moon-
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2014/02/biggest-observed-meteorite-impact-hits.html

It would be so cool if something was launched from this impact and it makes it here to the Earth in the coming years!