[meteorite-list] Trego County Historical Society (Kansas) Small Stolen Iron Meteorite

From: Bob Falls <bcmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 13:48:31 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I was contacted this morning by the Trego County Historical Society located
in Kansas regarding a small iron meteorite that was stolen from their
collection yesterday.

This is what was sent:
On Friday, June 27th, a small metal meteorite was stolen from our museum. It
was about 4 inches in diameter and weighed about 3 lbs. We do not have a
picture. If anyone should contact you about a small meteorite, would you
please contact the Trego County Historical Society in WaKeeney, Kansas.
Thank you for your time. We would appreciate any assistance

Contact Information:
Marjean Deines
Associate Director
Trego County Historical Society
WaKeeney, Kansas 67672
785-743-2964
email - tregohistorical at ruraltel.net

The only other information is that it was found along the Smoky River Basin
(in Kansas) and was probably found in the 1980?s.? They had received it as a
donation too their Historical Society and had not yet cataloged and
photographed the case it was in.

Let's be on the lookout and if you see or are offered something that fits
this description please contact them.? I know that without a picture or
specific type it will be hard to identify.

If I receive any additional information I will pass it along.

Best Regards,

Bob Falls