[meteorite-list] Met Bulletin Update : New Type Classification(E-Melt)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 13:50:40 -0400

Hi Greg,

This reminds me of that photo you posted a while back of a police
officer pepper-spraying the classification in the Bulletin. LOL.

If memory serves me correctly (and I could be terribly wrong), the
lack of correction for Al-Haggounia had something to do with the
original classifying scientist - perhaps he is holding out or cannot
be contacted for some reason.

The majority of the meteorite world knows that Al-Hagg and it's
pairings are EL chondrites. The people who might be fooled are
noobies and those with a vested financial interest in marketing these
meteorites as aubrites.

Best regards,

MikeG

--