[meteorite-list] Met Bulletin Update : New Type Classification (E-Melt)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 13:09:10 -0400

Hi Jeff and List,

I'm not excited, just curious. Since it's a joint NIPR-Belgian
meteorite find, it will never show up on the private market anyway. I
was waiting for Jeff to chime in on this one and clarify the apparent
new class. With the sample being so small, and with the differences
between the classification peculiarities between different
institutions, I assumed it was a temporary classification - put the
meteorite under some heading until we figure out later where it
properly fits into the scheme.

I also left out the word "breccia" by mistake. The actual
classification in the Bulletin entry is "E-Melt Breccia".

Thanks for the clarification Jeff. Now I can go back to chasing
more-obtainable "unobtainables" like a Kakangari specimen. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com