[meteorite-list] Chilean Antarctica gives clues to origin of life

From: shawnalan at meteoritefalls.com <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:52:32 -0700

hello listers

just think we all come from something we like to collect and trade :)

check put this article and enjoy the read .....

A meteorite found in Chile?s Antarctica could lend weight to the argument that life on Earth may have resulted from debris falling on our planet from outer space, claim scientists from Arizona State University in the southwestern United States.

Many theories suggest that Earth initially did not possess the molecules needed to begin primitive life. Scientists like Sandra Pizzarello, a leading researcher from ASU?s department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, have been searching for an answer to what caused life on earth to begin.

The four gram meteorite dubbed Grave Nunataks 95229 after its place of discovery in Antarctica, contains traces of the element nitrogen found in the proteins and DNA that form the basis of life as we know it.

source http://www.thisischile.cl/2011/03/meteorite-found-in-chilean-antarctica-gives-clues-to-origin-of-life/?lang=en

Shawn Alan
imca 1633