[meteorite-list] Anyone using Metbase?

From: Alexander Seidel <alex.seidel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 00:38:33 +0200

Hi All,

does anyone have experiences with Windows 8 so far in this respect?
I am using MetBase on an old laptop with XP, which works well, but
will upgrade to another machine soon, and these new machines, if they
are not from "Apple", will now run on Windows 8 or 8.1, right?

Joern Koblitz, afaik, is a very busy man, CEO of his own company in a
field now which has nothing to do with meteorites. This is at least what
I have heard in the past, when I asked people who knew him, as to whether
he will upgrade his great database or not. I was happy enough to talk
to him, and meet him on several occasions, but this is already a decade
or so ago. So I?m not sure about the actual situation, and especially
not sure, whether an adjustment to new operating systems can or will be
made or not. There are certainly some guys around here, who will still
have more actual contacts to Joern, they may know. Or Joern himself may be
reading this, as he was an always-present, very friendly and knowledgeable
man on many meteoritical "occasions" (e. g. MetSoc meetings) in the past,
And by the way, he had (or may be he still has) a very impressive personal
collection of meteorites.

Alex
Berlin/Germany