[meteorite-list] S. Brant's Broadsheet (was: Need help identifying a meteorite curiosity)

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:51:21 +0000

Hello Paul and List,

I have no background info on the origin of this plaque but something else that
may also be of general interest. What we see on this plaque is not Sebastian
Brant's original version of the Ensisheim fall but rather the "pirated edition"
by Johannes Pr?ss of Strassburg. How do we know? Brant's original broadsheet
has "Ensi?hem", whereas the pirated version has "Ensisheim" (hem vs. heim).

Reference:

MARVIN U.B. (1992) The meteorite of Ensisheim: 1492 to 1992 (Meteoritics 27-1, 1992, 28-72).

Bernd