[meteorite-list] Fwd: Ad: North American meteorite - San Bernardino Wash (L5)

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 02:45:30 -0800

Hello Bob,
I'm confused. I addressed that. You're saying that, because they're
L5's, they are paired, despite the fact that they look different?

Over 1/10 meteorites found is "L5." Seriously. Almost 5,000 approved
meteorites are L5s, out of ~48,000 total approved meteorites. If you
find a meteorite and you keep looking, there's a ~1/10 chance that the
next (new) meteorite you find will be an L5.

The requirements are clear. "...[A] single (collective) name may be
given in cases where fragments fit together or similar-looking
fragments are found within a few meters of each other."

"[S]imilar-looking fragments are found within a few meters of each other."

I don't really understand why you'd try to claim a pairing. Could
they be paired? Maybe. If you're arguing for the *possibility,* I
won't argue with you. There's a very small, but indisputable, chance.
 Seems illogical to hedge your bet on it since they look so different,
though.

Regards,
Jason

www.fallsandfinds.com