[meteorite-list] Question re Ad: EXTRA RARE FALLS - Peekskill, New Concord, Barwell, Parnallee, and many more!

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:04:29 -0800

Hi Rubin,
        Please allow me to express cicely that in bringing up this issue
There is no personal criticism intended, whatsoever....the issue is
Restricted entirely to the subject of the definition of "orientation."
        Knowing you are a respected and accomplished member of the
meteorite community and having concluded from personal interaction
That your honesty and integrity are unquestionable I was very surprised
to read your description of the NWA 859 specimen included, "oriented."
        Please tell me what, exactly do you see that I am missing that
Would make you describe this specimen (advertized below) as "oriented?"
        I can only conclude one of two possibilities is at work: 1) I lack a
complete understanding of what constitutes orientation or 2) there was an
unintended error in composing the description. (perhaps there is a 3rd
explanation?)
        I see none of the aspects indicative of orientation - but I may be
missing something? Perhaps the use of the term "oriented" was a clerical
error? Perhaps there were photos showing aspects of orientation that did
Not get posted with the ad?
        RSVP
        Thanks, Michael