[meteorite-list] New CM2 found in eastern Morocco

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:20:17 -1000

Aloha Meteorite afficianados,

The Big Kahuna has acquired our fourth exclusive CM2 meteorite from the hot deserts of the Sahara. This one was found in eastern Morocco in 2013, and purchased from a Moroccan dealer at the Denver show last September. The meteorite was cut by Montana Meteorite Laboratory, and a sample sent to Dr Tony Irving for analysis toward classification. Dr Irving reports that the meteorite is comprised of tiny separated chondrules, mineral fragments and rare amoeboid CAI are set in a very fine-grained, dark brown matrix containing cronstedtite-tochilinite, kamacite, pentlandite and anorthite. Some chondrules have concentric dust rims and some CAI contain diopside + spinel. Olivine (Fa0.6-62.8), orthopyroxene (Fs1.1=1.7Wo1.2-3.3), subcalcic augite (Fs2.4-4.2Wo32.2-38.8). Slices of this meteorite have a smooth satin finish, and come in a quality labeled display box for protection and years of viewing pleasure.

http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/NWA8060.html

? and, as always, my ebay auctions end on Saturday, Jan 18, starting at 8:00am Pacific / 11:00am Eastern / 4:00pm London / 6:00pm Helsinki / 11:00pm Singapore.

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites Inc.
PO Box 4175, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 640-9161