[meteorite-list] Near pure Olivine Meteorite

From: Eric Twelker <twelker_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:35:10 -0900

As I understand this, Alan, you are saying that dunites will succumb to the "weathering" processes of space--the effects of radiation over time, in particular, and they disintegrate before they even make it to the top of the atmosphere. Dunites are notoriously unstable on the surface of the Earth. Perhaps that's their lot in space too.
Eric