[meteorite-list] Grand Opening of UCLA Meteorite Gallery

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:31:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi Alan and list

>The UCLA Meteorite Gallery's grand opening will be held at 4 p.m. on
Jan. 10 and is invitation-only. The event will honor Arlene and Ted
Schlazer, who donated >more than 60 exhibit-worthy meteorites to UCLA,
as well as a bequest for an endowed chair (the first in the UCLA
Department of Earth, Planetary and Space >Sciences) in cosmo-chemistry
and meteorite research. UCLA Chancellor Gene Block is scheduled to
speak at the opening.

Congratulations to Arlene and Ted for the great donation to UCLA , way
to go!

Sonny