[meteorite-list] Introduction and question

From: Jan Marius Evang <marius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:51:25 +0200

Hi.
I got hooked on meteorites by following Prof Mike Brown's coursera
course. After this I started watching ebay and reading what I could
google.

I don't really know where I'm going with this hobby but I have aquired
a lot of small meteorite samples, and I have ordered a microscope, at
least. I also tried to cut open an "unknown nwa" meteorite with a
rough tile-saw and could clearly see metal specks at least.

The question:
A friend of mine tells me that there are a lot of rocks that look like
meteorites to be found in the area where he lives, and the story is
that they are remains of an old volcano. The school's science teacher
cut one open and decided it was Pyrite.

A google search really gave me nothing except this facebook page, what
is the feeling of the experts about this?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270484833096946.1073741837.263110637167699&type=1

I'd also be happy for other advice in the direction of my new hobby.

Yours
Jan Marius Evang
Norway