[meteorite-list] Ice-rafted rocks on "dry-lakes"

From: Jim Wooddell <jim.wooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:18:44 -0700

Hi Bob and all!

When I first got into meteorites, I was shocked people were still
talking about is as some kind of
magical thing that hadn't been figured out!
I think all this does is re-affirm what many already knew. I did not
take it as anything new at all!
I know of the work a few of you did about a decade ago, but ice rafting
has been known for decades.
Disappointed that this made it "official" as it's been official in my
mind for years and years....not to mention a video I posted about a year
or more ago of ice sheets that were carrying rocks slamming
into the shore in heavy winds. But whatever. I would still contend
wind and water, without the need for ice, can do the same thing. Anyone
who has tried to walk across a moist (almost muddy) dry lake knows how
slippery they become!
The power water and wind has is amazing!

I get a kick of the giant rock ice-rafting picture!!

http://www.fvalk.com/images/Arctic/1991/Rock%20conveyor.jpg

Jim

--
Jim Wooddell