[meteorite-list] NWA 8184 and armored chondrules

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:58:16 -0700

Greetings listoids and listettes,

I just acquired a new specimen of NWA 8184 (thanks Tomek Jakubowski). It is a beautiful L3.7 and contains a plethora of armored chondrules. More than I've ever seen in any other meteorite. Something I haven't seen before is a BO chondrule with FeNI running through the Olivine. Please see images at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevewitt/sets/72157646327000960/
?

Please excuse the picture quality, there is no sunshine here today and that's generally how I get my best photos. As I said, I've never seen this before and wonder how common it is.I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

Best,
Steve

Steve Witt
IMCA #9020