[meteorite-list] Echo and the Bunnymen - Meteorite Album

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:13:39 -0400

Hi Mike, Anne, Bernd, Graham and all,

This same image of Zagami appears along with another Mars meteorite
thin section - ALH 84001.
It's in the June 2006 issue of Elements Magazine in the article:

Aqueous Processes Recorded
by Martian Meteorites:
Analyzing Martian Water on Earth
By Laurie A. Leshin and Edward Vicenzi

Here is the caption below the images

Photomicrographs of Martian meteorites Zagami (basaltic
shergottite) and ALH84001 in cross-polarized light. Thin
sections are approximately 2 cm across.
IMAGES FROM A COLOR ATLAS OF METEORITES IN THIN SECTION, COURTESY OF
DANTE LAURETTA

Here are the 2 images from Elements and a photo I took of Zagami at 30x

http://www.meteoriteusa.com/elements.htm

Echo and the Bunny Men have to be getting old !
I had their 1987 album
"Lips Like Sugar"

Cheers, John