[meteorite-list] Maximum theoretical Earth impact velocity

From: Greg Crinklaw <crinklaw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:49:01 -0600

There is an all-sky camera at Apache Point Observatory, but it appears
to have been turned off until later that night. Observatories use them
so that remote observers can monitor the weather.

I dug around on the web to see if there is a camera on top of Mount
Baldy, perhaps at Magdalene Ridge Observatory, but with no luck. A
camera there would be ideally located. At the very least we might be
able to tell that it happened over the White Sands Missile Range or not.

Greg

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer