[meteorite-list] New Canadian Meteorite

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

I saw the photo, read the description and then the researcher's comments-- saw that NASA was involved and well and I couldn't help thinking of a moose turd variety meteorwrong.? The fact that this photo isn't an actual photo of the find suggests that this isn't a hoax so much as a fireball observer pretending to be an expert in meteorites.? It was recovered by physicians??? do tell. How and Why were they given fireball data that no one else was given? and who the heck were they? ? Wasn't there a case in recent memory where a NASA "expert" misidentified a "meteorite"? er a piece of asphalt er a meteorite then laid claim to all the glory himself?(Rhetorical)

NASA Meteoroid office does not disclose fireball data to the public against their charter but instead grabs whomever is not busy and heads off to do their own search.? It takes 3-6 months to get a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) accknowledged little alone answered.? So here is yet another example of our tax money going to support elitist agencies and individuals excluding the public at large.

Many may think NASA personnel must be all knowing experts on everything and, in their niche fields they are close to that. Outside their field, they probably know less about meteorite recovery than most novices on this list.

I think I'll wait for the "final final" answer on the "microbes".? IF there were real live microbes then they would be in a level 4 containment.? Well maybe not as there isn't much cross fertilization between the CDC and NASA. However there is a protocol and facility in place.?

That said, if we hear of zombies crossing the US Canadian Border I hope our current Administration doesn't just wave them through thinking they are more dead voters than we already have.

Elton