[meteorite-list] Impact Glass from Barringer Crater?

From: Ted Bunch <tbear1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:16:51 -0700

Mike - Impact melt glass at Meteor Crater is not pretty green or any
other pretty color, but dark "melt beads", dark glassy impactites, and
the reddish brown glass that is common in typical oxidized
impactites.The spherules are tiny.

Go to: D. A. Kring, ?Guidebook to the Geology of the Barringer
(Meteorite) Crater, Arizona?. LPI Contribution No 1355 (2007) -
downloadable.

Has just about anything you want to know about Meteor Crater...

Ted