[meteorite-list] XRF gun at Tucson 2014?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:42:41 -0400

Mike,
 Blaine Reed has been doing this for years.
The XRF does not give the same readings as a microprobe does but, Blaine has his own data base of many different types of meteorites so, he is very good at interpreting what it is you might have. He compares your rocks numbers with known type meteorite numbers and can make you happy or sad . He does this for a very low cost and you cannot ask for help from a nicer guy than Blaine. Not sure if anybody does the magnetic susceptibility tests.
Best regards,
Carl
Meteoritemax

--