[meteorite-list] Fw: Video 5 of SLP, MX Bolide now posted! Another spectacular video.

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:54:22 -0700

Hi Mike,

The biggest problem as I see it is the reported time -- some time after 5 pm
local time. If this is the time that purported witnesses are claiming, then
it's a hoax: it would require the meteor to be travelling north-to-south as
seen from one location (Matehuala, to the NNE of San Luis Potosi), while it
is clearly moving southeast-to-northwest in the San Luis Potosi video taken
in front of Iglesia de la Compa??a.

Personally, I don't see how the time can be right. All the videos that show
the sun (or shadows from it) clearly have it very high in the sky, which
the sun certainly is not at 5 pm or later, even at the solstice. If this
fall is real, it had to have occurred much closer to noon, and most likely
prior to noon.

--Rob

P.S. Why are a dozen people standing around in the plaza in front of
Iglesia de la Compa??a, all with cell phone cameras ready to record
a meteor PRIOR to its appearance!?