[meteorite-list] Role of the MetBull and the meteorite community

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:22:23 -0400

Hi Mendy,

No need to disagree, because we are in complete and total agreement! :)

Private parties have made significant contributions to the body of
data in the Bulletin. And I am an advocate for private involvement in
the field.

What I meant was - I don't think the Bulletin was ever intended to
serve as a tool for private meteorite collectors and dealers. It has
definitely turned into such a tool and the benefits go both ways.

TKW is one of those numbers with some grey area and I think any
accurate and updated accounting of recoveries would necessarily
involvement private parties, since those private parties are
recovering most of the meteorites outside of Antarctica.

Best regards,

MikeG
--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com