[meteorite-list] Heads up for thin section lovers after a new microscope

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:24:35 +0000

Hi all,

Just a heads up that there is a fantastic polarising microscope on
ebay currently. It is a Nikon Optiphot and is new and unused which is
pretty much unheard of to find one in this condition. It is still
boxed and comes with all accessories which are all still sealed in
their original packets.Bargain! Bargain! Bargain! I have no
affiliation whatsoever to the seller and am not in the market myself
as i already have 2 of these (plus lots of bits!) I can vouch for
their quality and they are built to last and the optics are superb!
Jiust a few points that i can see from the photos:

1/ No objectives are mentioned so i assume none are included.)
2/ The nosepiece is a 5 hole model and the objective lenses cannot be
centred. The 4 hole model is the one that has centreable objectives.
3/ Its a binocular model not trinocular but the trinoc heads are
readily available if needed.

These are not negatives just things to bear in mind but even at $1500
this is a bargain and it has a starting price of only $949! If anyone
needs any info on these scopes then just let me know as i have manuals
and parts lists etc and a working knowledge of them. Link to the
auction is below:

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271328640699&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160)

Cheers

Martin