[meteorite-list] achrondrites in the field without fusion crust

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:31:09 -0800 (PST)

Jack, List members,

I can't speak to finding a non crusted achondrite, but I have purchased one in the not so distant past. Originally thought to be a possible lunar, it turned out to be a Eucrite. Now NWA 7958. Not very pretty, but it is a meteorite.

Image of stone - http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevewitt/10972586353/

Image after cut - http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevewitt/10972686044/

Meteoritical Bulletin entry - http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/index.php?sea=NWA+7958&sfor=names&ants=&falls=&valids=&stype=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name&categ=All&mblist=All&rect=&phot=&snew=0&pnt=Normal%20table&code=57649

Regards,
Steve

Steve Witt
IMCA #9020