[meteorite-list] Need help w/ an eBay fraudster:starchild909greg

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:17:10 -0500

Hi Mendy and all,

Your a conscientious collector and care about the fraud going on with
eBay and elsewhere. However despite people pointing out that certain
people are frauds, there are well known dealers who continue to sell,
trade and be friends with those who have misrepresented material to the
community in the past.

It is this type of association that bothers me. Why would you continue
to able someone who has been caught? Why can they sell or buy at all
from any dealers, collectors and so on? Money does funny things to
people. However if this gets out of hand (and I think it already has)
it could bring down the whole collecting/selling community.

As pointed out earlier, buy from well known dealers. Do research and
find out who has a good standing reputation. You can search the
meteorite list archives in order to find out problems of the past, and
keep tabs on future problems.

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites
(Our 25th year in dealing just Meteorites)