[meteorite-list] Red(dish) Fusion Crust

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 08:05:01 -0700

This is seen on many stones, I have a Bensour that is almost red.
I have many Chelyabinsk stones also with brown to red crust, and some iridescent in every color in the rainbow. This is seen in many L and LL falls, but generally only before exposure to water. However I found my first Chelyabinsk which was 503 grams, perfect pyramid with one red crusted side, all other sides extremely black.
Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPad