[meteorite-list] Ensisheim 2013: last minute major change!

From: Prof. Zelimir Gabelica Université de Haute Alsace ENSCMu, <zelimir.gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:57:57 +0200

Dear meteorite friends,

You will read on the very recently updated flyer (May 27th) that THE
?ENSISHEIM-METEORITE 2013? SHOW COULD FINALLY STILL BE HELD WITHIN THE
REGENCY PALACE, AS IN THE PAST!

This is now in contradiction with what was announced in earlier flyers
and info letters, namely that, exceptionally in 2013, the show had to
be shifted to that another nearby place, called ?Foyer St Martin?.

This decision could be obtained after a last minute Organizing
Committee meeting (May 27), where the possibility to maintain the old
show site (Regency Palace) was reconsidered and thoroughly rediscussed.
This decision could be reached thanks to the flexibility of the
Ensisheim City responsible Mayor and Confraternity local staffs who
had re-examined the possibility to postpone the heavy works inherent
to the Regency reconstruction.

We believe this is a very good and wise news, echoing the first
positive feedback of many participants.
As a consequence, most of the events will be similar to the 2012
edition, in particular the table layout through the Regency rooms.

The Ensisheim 2013 meteorite show new flyer (in English and/or in
French) will be available within the next hours on two web sites:
*Ensisheim City: www.ville-ensisheim.fr
*The ?St Georges Confraternity?:
www.confrerie-gardiens-meteorite-ensisheim.fr

Those who wish to receive the flyer personally, please write and I?ll
send what you need as attachment.

Here is a summary of the major changes for 2013:

1) SHOW LOCATION: Finally maintained in the Regency Palace (June 22 &
23, 2013, see flyer). This is actually the main change with respect to
the last place announcement (shift of the show to the nearby Foyer St
Martin rooms)

2) SHOW ROOMS & TABLES: basically the same layout as in 2012.

TABLE RENTING AND RESERVATION

The organizers reserve the right to attribute the layout of places in
an optimal way so as to meet your wishes, always on the currently
adopted ?first come, first served? basis.
However, it is understood that all former dealers still have full
priority to reserve their last year table(s) that are roughly
maintained in the same configuration as in the past.

As a consequence, because we have quite a number of newcomers, if you
wish to reserve your usual table space, it is more than time to let me
know or confirm.

Please, tell me also if you can?t do it this year so that I don?t send
you any reminder but maintain your name on my mailing list for future.

To avoid money transfer complications and bank fee, we accept you pay
the table renting cash to the treasurer on Saturday morning.

Since we don?t require pre-payment, it would be very fair if, in case
of cancellation, you notify us enough in advance so that we can rent
your stall to those who are on the waiting list.

Please when you register, also specify the names of ALL persons
occupying your table (ideally 1 to 2 persons for only one table
reserved, maximum 3 persons for 2 tables, 4 for 3 tables etc ).
Names are needed to write the corresponding badges. People without
badges are not considered as dealers, can?t occupy tables nor are
allowed to sell meteorites elsewhere within the show buildings.

FRIDAY DINNER PARTY

The Party starts at 20:00 inside the large tent set on the main square.
Everybody is warmly welcome!

If you want to attend, let me just know from now on, your name and the
total number of guests attending, so that we can fully meet all your
commitments, needs and comfort.
This reservation is a must to facilitate food preparation though we
could always accommodate last hour guests in exceptional cases. No
need to pay in advance.

ACCOMMODATION

The 4 traditional hotels are mentioned on the flyer with full contact
data. You can also browse through the Ensisheim web sites (see flyer)
or use ?Ensisheim + meteorite? as keywords on ?Google? or alike.
Everybody must arrange for his own accommodation! If you call, they
all do speak English and German.

I am now looking forward to having news from quite many of you and am
ready to provide you any kind of additional information. If you
already reserved, you can optionally confirm; if you don?t, I?ll
consider you will make it !)

My best regards to all,

Zelimir

--