[meteorite-list] Cool website I found with a Earth Impact Database (EID)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
?
Today I was reading a MAP article and they had a link to a website with all the known Earth Impact sites. Down below will be the link and intro to the Database. If you have sometime check it out :)
?
??
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://stores.ebay.com/imca1633ny?_rdc=1
http://meteoritefalls.com/
?
?
?
Website site
http://www.passc.net/EarthImpactDatabase/index.html
?
?
?
Intro:
?
"
The Earth Impact Database (EID) comprises a list of confirmed impact structures from around the world. To date, there are 184confirmed impact structures in the database. The database was conceived in its earliest form when a systematic search for impact craters was initiated in 1955 by the Dominion Observatory, Ottawa, under the direction of Dr. Carlyle S. Beals.
This was achieved via the study of over 200,000 aerial photographs of the Canadian Shield. Since that time the list has grown as new craters have been added. When the Dominion Observatory impact group moved to the Geological Survey of Canada (GSC) in the late 1980s, a more formal listing was developed."