[meteorite-list] 1922 Blackstone VA 20-ton meteorite anyone?

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 12:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

Seeing the "Today in History" headlines in several US newspapers, does anyone have any information about the-
1922 _ 12 MAY: A 20.3-tonne/20-ton meteorite lands in a field near Blackstone, Virginia, leaving a 46 sq m/500 sq ft hole in the ground.?
http://popcornpot.com/hughspen/chroast1.htm

?

I have done some digging, but no library to dig. ?I have found that a large meteor was seen over North Carolina and Virginia on 11MAY1922 with reports of broken windows and earthquake.

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2013/05/in-history-virginia-meteor-22may1922.html

Dirk Ross...Tokyo