[meteorite-list] Ebay, Websites and State Taxes

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 14:13:21 -0700 (PDT)

Don't let politicians fool you.? They are talking about taxing at the point-of-sale, meaning where the item is shipped from.? In this case, possibly somebodies living room or garage!? If you own a brick and mortar Meteorite Store, you are already expected to collect these taxes including 100% of sales online. There is no one million dollar annual sales exemption.? There aren't too many dealers that own a storefront so at this point in time, they are alright but this could change very shortly.

Just like the Affordable Healthcare Act is the largest tax increase in U.S. history and it was sneakily forced upon American citizens.? Just wait until 2014.? A lot of people who simply cannot afford healthcare will be fined on top of the massive tax increases.

Adam