[meteorite-list] More Rare Falls For SALE!

From: Ruben Garcia <rubengarcia85382_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 14:46:39 -0700

Here are a few more (the last of them) falls for sale with a handful
of finds mixed in. If you're interested in a specimen please email me
off list.

Items marked "SOLD" are NOT NECESSARILY SOLD - so check with me first
before assuming so. The site where the photos are hosted is not mine
and the SOLD reflects that I purchased the collection and NOT THAT
EACH ITEM IS SOLD.

In addition to the list below I also have, perfect 100% crusted
Chelyabinsk ($25-$30 per gram) Buzzard Coulee ($10 per gram),
Bassikounou ($2-3 per gram) and Chergach/Mali ($2-3 per gram) all are
individuals.

Malampaka

This H chondrite fell in September 1930 in Mwanza district, Tanzania.
This small piece isn't particularly exciting in terms of appearance
but the fact that it is a very rare fall with a scant TKW of only 470
grams makes it more interesting to me. Ex Schooler's piece 0.81 g. $50

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5814100134/in/set-72157631616271960

Sikhote alin

This 121 gram individual has been in my collection for a couple of
years now, and it has some nice flowlines and regmaglypts. $149

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/7743964090/in/set-72157631616271960/

Sikhote alin

This 440 gram shrapnel individual has been in my collection for a couple of
years now. $125

Allende

Fresh 9.8 gram specimen of Allende, a CV3 witnessed fall from Mexico.
Allende is one of my all time favorite meteorites. Ex Matt Morgan,
Mile High Meteorites $80

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/6756567571/in/set-72157631616271960

Kainsaz

Kainsaz, a CO3.2 carbonaceous chondrite, fell on September 13, 1937,
in Tatarstan, Russia. This partial slice has fusion crust along 2
edges and weighs 4.04 grams. Ex Bernie V $125

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/6128880966/in/set-72157631616271960

NWA 6355 (Lunar)

This 0.189 gram partial slice is a newly classified lunar melt-matrix
mingled breccia. This meteorite contains glass and rock fragments from
the lunar highlands and is very similar in composition to the soil
samples recovered by Apollo 16. Obtained from Matt Morgan of Mile High
Meteorites. Matt Morgan $50

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5468940340/in/set-72157631616271960

Amgala

One last shot of the Oum Dreyga (Amgala) stone on a neutral
background. Big Kahuna This crusted individual weighs 22.14 grams and
has some nice regmaglypts.

This fall was witnessed by Moroccan soldiers in Western Sahara on
October 16, 2003. The meteorites fell in an area fortified with land
mines. This particular individual was picked up by a soldier shortly
after the fall and the fusion crust in in great shape. Oum Dreyga, an
H3-5 Breccia , also goes by the name Amgala. Big Kahuna $99

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5985434284/in/set-72157631616271960

Tuxtuac

Fell October 16, 1975 in Tuxtuac, Zacatecas, Mexico. While 2 stones
were found shortly after the fall, the 25 kg main mass wasn't
recovered until 1989. When ranchers made the main mass discovery they
noted that grass was growing out from cracks in the fusion crust! This
meteorite is classified as a LL5 chondrite. This nice partial slice
weighs 3.738 grams. Schoolers $50

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5855083527/in/set-72157631616271960

Bandong

On December 10, 1871, six stones were witnessed to fall in
Sindanglaut, West Java, Indonesia. This rare fall is a LL6 chondrite
and the majority of the 11.5 kgs TKW is held by the Bandung Geological
Museum and the Paris Museum of History. This partial slice weighs 2.43
grams and shows off the nice brecciated matrix. Schoolers $99

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5521970307/in/set-72157631616271960

Gao

My largest Gao specimen at 95.20 grams. Gao fell on March 5th, 1960
around 5 pm. Gao was formerly called Upper Volta and it was initially
believed that a separate meteorite fell occured in nearby Guenie that
same year. However, analysis of the material revealed that these two
meteorites were actually from the same fall leading to the name
Gao-Guenie. The Gao meteorite is technically a hammer-stone as some of
the pieces reportedly hit the village dwellings. $80

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5245731980/in/set-72157631616271960

Sulagiri

4.62 gram slice ordinary chondrite (LL6). On September 12, 2008 around
0830, villagers in Tamil Nadu, India heard loud screeching sounds
followed by house shaking explosions. Bright flashes and smoke were
also observed. Witnesses speculated that an accidental bomb drop from
a military plane was the culprit and craters left behind seemed to
support this theory. It was later determined that a huge stony
meteorite had pummeled the area. This is the largest Indian fall on
record. Big Kahuna($75.00)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/4842724539/in/set-72157631616271960

Tissint

This martian meteorite fell to earth on July 18, 2011 in a valley east
of Tata, Morocco. This historic event marks the first witnessed fall
of a martian meteorite since Zagami in 1962! Tissint is a gorgeous
shergottite with glossy black fusion crust and a light gray matrix.
Despite it's diminutive size, this specimen displays some nice fusion
crust. I plan to obtain a larger specimen in the future. Ex Big Kahuna
$75

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/6688597931/in/set-72157631616271960

Abee

This beautiful and rare enstatite chondrite IMB (EH4) fell in June of
1952, in Alberta, Canada. According to witnesses, a brilliant fireball
lit up the sky north of Edmonton for several seconds and was followed
by rumbling sounds. One individual who was attending a drive-in movie
claimed that the light from the fireball was so bright it obscured the
screen. Several days after the fireball event, a farmer discovered an
unusual hole in his wheat field. At the bottom of this hole rested a
single large meteorite mass with a weight of ~107 kgs! This was the
only Abee mass recovered from the fall. This small triangular slice
weighs 1.26 grams and comes from The Earth's Memory in France. $99

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/6310569710/in/set-72157631616271960

Bilanga

4.3 gram slice of this diogenite achondrite that was a witnessed fall
in 1999 in Burkina Faso, Africa. Thought to originate from the Vesta
asteroid, Bilanga has a TKW of ~25 kgs. This relatively rare specimen
has an interesting light matrix and small amount of fusion crust along
one edge. Ex Matt Morgan Mile High $99

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/4871661800/in/set-72157631616271960

NWA 4468 Martian

This is another larger fragment of NWA 4468 a Basaltic Shergottite.
Basaltic shergottites are the most abundant group of SNC meteorites
and they are of volcanic origin. These martian meteorites closely
resemble the rocks found at the Opportunity landing site. This frag
weighs 0.288 g. NWA 4468 is one of my favorite hot desert
shergottites. Hupe $125

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5363238409/in/set-72157631616271960

Martian Basaltic Shergottite

This individual is a shergottite, named after the type specimen
Shergotty which fell in Shergotty, India in 1865. This meteorite is
paired with a number of others (~20) found in the region including NWA
2986 and it is among the freshest finds available. 0.400 g Big Kahuna
$149

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5039639880/in/set-72157631616271960

SaU 001 slice

This is a nice 34 gram polished slice of the SaU 001 L 4/5 chondrite
discovered in Oman in 2000. Lots of interesting chondrules here! In a
riker box. $75

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48082563 at N08/5015741498/in/set-72157631616271960

--
Rock On!