[meteorite-list] Article: Discovery of probably Tunguska meteorites at the bottom of Khushmo river's shoal

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1304/1304.8070.pdf

Discovery of probably
Tunguska meteorites at the bottom of Khushmo river's shoal
Andrei E. Zlobin
Vernadsky State Geological Museum, Russian Academy of Sciences
Mokhovaya 11/11, 125009, Moscow, Russian Federation
e-mail: z-tunguska at yandex.ru

I am stunned.
From the Vernadsky State Geological Museum, Russian Academy of Sciences!!
The "shatter-cones" appear to be aragonite crystals.
The samples are all m-wrongs.
This paper would never pass the peer-review of Club-Space-Rock,
how did it get past the Cornell University Library?
http://arxiv.org/help/endorsement
How did this ever get published?

This paper should be re-titled:
"How to get Shatter-cones without forming a Crater"

Maybe in Russia, April Fool's Day comes on April 29th?

The following is a copy and paste from the above paper:
"Acknowledgments:
I very thankful to administration and my colleagues
in Vernadsky State Geological Museum (RAS) on possibility to work with information concerning L.A.Kulik?s
activity and to analyze meteorites of the Museum."

And then the audience arose from their seats and delivered a thunderous applause...

Can I sit-down now?
Bob V.