[meteorite-list] "Great Discovery" maybe ;-) NOT

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:09:18 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Peter, I had forgotten how large Zagami really was. ? So much for going strictly by memory.? That would make an upward limit much higher for initial size especially if one uses 50% ablation loss.? I personally don't think it is that high but that is still a approximately up to a hefty 40kg original mass.? Zagami was high in glass and probably pushing the limits of mass and acceleration without turning completely to glass-- else vaporizing.? I just looked and there were 4 or 5 Martians falling between 7 and 18 kgs and those lie outside the theoretical argument I just put forth.? No matter how it is tweaked, an upward limit of 7 kg initial is obviously wrong.

As to the press release, it claims "US record" size so I don't think this is the Tissint mass of Anne's letter.?

Regards,
Elton