[meteorite-list] "Great Discovery" maybe ;-) NOT

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:11:59 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, Elton, certainly bogus.
But I wonder if it is in anyway connected to another email I found in
my spam box today. Here is most of it:

"We are writing you regarding a special offer. We think you have
already heard of the Tissint meteorite, the Martian meteorite that
crashed in Morocco in July 2011 and the Natural History Museum has
bought one of its pieces lately (1.1 kg).
In fact, That 1.1 kg stone of Tissint Martian meteorite is just a small
piece of the mother Tissint meteorite which we still have safe and
sound. The latter is about 800-1000 times bigger than the meteorite
which is at the Natural History Museum gallery at the moment. We
recovered the whole Martian rock soon after it fell, then we hid it in
a professional way following the advice tips of some experts to prevent
any contamination,so if you would like to buy from us, contact us
through our email address: meteoritebusiness at gmail.com
Reply only if interested please,"

Well, I am not interested. But 800-1000 times bigger than the 1.1kg
piece would make it 900 to 1100 kg mass.
About the same size than that the one in that announcement.
Coincidence? Same scam?

Oh, and BTW, they want to sell it as one piece! No the price is not
mentionned.
Did anyone else get that email?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com