[meteorite-list] Off Topic - Are 'Bitcoins' a way around Paypal/eBay?

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:38:34 -0600

Team Meteorite:

I'm sitting in my office trading stocks and came across a headline re:
the bank crisis in Cypress. Some people there are exchanging or
receiving money in the form of 'Bitcoins', a digital credit.

I sense that meteorite purchaser payment with these would allow
meteorite dealers to avoid credit card fees in exchange for one 1%
transaction fee while avoiding eBay enforced product guarantees and
customer negative feedback. But I also wonder about US Federal tax and
currency regulations that one would bump into along this road.

I looked at this quickly but was fascinated by the concept, though
wary of the dire consequences of digital pirates taking your account
hostage and wonder if anyone has experience with this form of 'barter'
(?).

Happy Thursday.

Kevin Kichinka
Rio del Oro, Santa Ana, Costa Rica
www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com
The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2013
Marsrox at gmail.com