[meteorite-list] PBS NOVA Program, "Meteor Strike" (tonight: 3/27/13)

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:19:33 -0400

Hi Shawn, Robert, Martin, and all --

I may be totally wrong, but my understanding is this is a different
program since it is a production of WGBH Boston producers of PBS
programming such as NOVA, and since
they mention they sent their "NOVA" crews to Russia shortly after the
fall to document the event from all aspects. WGBH is PBS?s single
largest producer of Web and TV content -- they produce
programming such as NOVA,**Frontline, etc. so i think this is an
entirely new and separate entity from the one Martin has pointed out.
...but maybe they used portions
of the programing Martin is pointing out, or there was a collaboration,
or PBS/ETV here in the US is in partnership with Channel 4 (UK), or
whatever. It's hard keeping up with global corporate entities and their
intermingling
anymore. Our once seemingly large planet is getting very small very
quickly in many ways these days. So many corporations have ties with
each other world wide who knows what is what anymore.
I tried to do a little investigating to see if there was a tie in to
what Martin pointed out and see if Channel 4 and PBS (and WGBH Boston)
had connections, but I couldn't determine anything one way or the other
with the little time I had to
investigate. Maybe one of our members can clear this up for all of us?

Well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong! :-)

Mal