[meteorite-list] A Bunch of Irregular Stones I Found (+How I Think They May Have Originated)

From: Graham Ensor <graham.ensor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:10:52 +0000

Now I know where the phrase "being slagged off" comes from....

"slag something or someone off (Slang) criticize, abuse, malign, slam,
insult, mock, slate, slang, deride, berate, slander, diss (slang,
chiefly U.S.), lambast(e), flame (informal) People keep slagging me
off."

Now I know why many folks with experience are wary to help
newcomers....It's such a shame when that's what we all enjoy doing
most of the time and then after courteous helpful advice with pointers
where to go and research more we then get "slagged off".