[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk Micromounts Crashed my Website?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:51:45 -0400

Hi List,

Quick question ...

Has anyone had problems with my website checkout lately? I have
received four reports that my website checkout was crashing or
freezing up during the part of the checkout where you select a
shipping method, or when the checkout moves to the PayPal login. It
is a seemingly-random thing, since the people who reported it to me
are using different platforms and browsers.

I have little glitches in the checkout from time to time, but nothing
like this where multiple people complained about it during one 24-hr
period. I am hoping yesterday was an anomaly, but I would like to
hear from anyone who had problems with the checkout - please email me
off-list.

I have a theory about why it happened this time around - I recently
acquired some Chelyabinsk material and was offering it as micromounts.
  I announced it over social media and to my customer list. Within
minutes, I had a big spike in visitor traffic that lasted most of the
night. In one case, two different customers were trying to put the
very same item into their cart and checkout - I think that caused one
of the crashes. It is possible that so many people were trying to
look at or buy the Chelyabinsk micros, that the website couldn't
handle the load. So, count my website as another victim of the shock
wave.... ;)

PS - if anyone wants a small and cheap micro of Chelyabinsk, contact
me off-list. This stuff is moving fast and it will probably be sold
out before I can post my weekly ad to the List on monday.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com