[meteorite-list] AD: Zooamorphic Chameleon-oil on Campo- MJW#5 for sale

From: Brandon <b1dunovant_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 07:35:49 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I met an artist a couple years back by the name of Mark Joyner, who may very
well be the first artist to paint artwork on meteorites based on what he envisions in their natural shape alone. I see animals in the clouds, and this talented gent not only sees them in meteorites, but he has the skill to paint it in such detail we can all enjoy. Today I am making available from my collection, the most beautiful piece of meteorite art I have and hope that it finds a nice home where it too can be appreciated and admired.

 The artwork is titled MJW #5 Chameleon. It pictures a Chameleon perched on a branch with his long tongue extended as if in mid catch of some unsuspecting insect. It?s painted in oil on a 28g Campo del Cielo crystal and is done with breathtaking detail. Along with the artwork In a clear top display box, I am also including the original paintbrush he used to paint it as well as a COA provide to me by the artist. I believe I also have paperwork he sent me of its travel to be displayed in a museum local to him, so I will have to look a bit harder. I am asking $500.00 which I think that is completely fair.

Pictures of the MJW artwork and other impactites below can be viewed on my Photobucket account at: http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/Meteor-Rite/profile/

Additionally, yesterday I was told by several people that the links to some of my newly recovered and cut impactites weren?t working, but using the link above will take you there as well. There have been some notable adjustments and additions as well as todays $100 sale for spectacular Glover Bluff slices which hands down will trump anything you have ever seen. I have a 536.8g, 381.4g, and a sister pair of slices 224.1g/157g. Any size and $100 takes it home. Early bird gets
the largest slices!! Let me know if you have any issues or would like additional photos.

Forwarded from yesterday:

Kentland IMB: The matrix shows a great diversity of breccia representing several various levels of metamorphism? it really is a feast for the eyes. I have two slices available at the moment.

529.5g - $250
467.8g - $200

The Kentland melt/quench rock was another singleton stone and I have not come across another since finding it. I have two slices available at the moment.

391.8g - $200
196.9g - $100

Thanks!
Brandon D.