[meteorite-list] Tokyo magnetic dust after rain 14MAR2013

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:44:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,
  We had rain 13/14 MAR 2013. On the early morning of 14th I went outside and noticed an unusually large amount of black/brown magnetic dust in the rain pools on concrete and have collected it. I don{t know if it is volcanic related, industrial or run-of the-mill soil; but strange that this was accumulated after over 12 hours of heavy rain and within a 1-2 hour period just minutes ago. Samples will be studied soon. It would be very interesting if this is not terrestrial.

Any thoughts?

Dirk Ross...Tokyo