[meteorite-list] AD - Stanfield: America's Newest Recovery/ Slices and Whole Stone

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 01:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hello List,

(Original post for those that missed it, with update at bottom.)

I have some of the new Stanfield Az. (prov) meteorite available. H5,
S1, W0

These meteorites are likely the result of the June, 07, 1998 event over
the Phoenix/ Casa Grande Az. area. Robert Ward is responsible for
giving the details to Galactic Analytics which resulted in the recovery
of this fall, 15 years after the fact!

I have to mention that my wife Lisa witnessed this event from the
Apache Junction area. It's the only fireball she's ever seen and it
made quite an impression. She said it looked bigger than a basketball,
flaming through the sky. Her and I have talked numerous times about how
cool it would be to find a piece of it. I didn't think it would ever
happen, but life had a different plan! This one means a lot to me. If
that's not enough, ironically, I was on my way to the airport to pick
up my aunt for her yearly meteorite hunting trip when I got the call on
this one, and remarkably, she ended up finding the largest stone to
date! (194.6g). This stone is likely to end up at ASU.

UPDATE

I just returned from a 3 day hunt and 2 new stones were found,
Stanfield 011 at 65.5 grams, by an anonymous finder. Also, a 78g found
by me. The 65.5 looked like a slice of pie, and was not as attractive
as others from the area, so I cut it for the finder and offer the
slices today.

26.35 g end cut. sold

5.53 g 100% crusted $275.00

4.27 g ~90% crusted $214.00

3.85 g ~75% crusted part slice $192.00

3.72 g ~90% crusted $186.00

2.93 g ~95% crusted super thin slice $146.00

1.35 g part slice ~50% crusted $67.00

1.90 g part slice ~50%crusted $95.00

1.20 g sold

2.8 g end cut sold

78 gram whole stone, a real beauty, with about 2/3 primary crust and
secondary crust covering the remainder, minus a couple small chips.
$3500.00

Pic's for serious inquiries, paypal preferred.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
?