[meteorite-list] Physics Questions (Having to Do, Theoretically, with Bolide Trajectories)

From: Michael Mulgrew <mikestang_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:48:41 -0800

Peter, when an object is dropped from rest on Earth its mass has
nothing to do with its acceleration. Drop two objects of differing
mass (but similar aerodynamic properties) and they'll both hit the
ground at the same time; this is physics 101. I didn't read past that
part of your post because I figured the rest of whatever you were
trying to reason out would be flawed since your initial understandings
were in error.

Michael in so. Cal.