[meteorite-list] New photos of Mercury

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:43:03 -0500

Hi Daniel and List,

I'm of the opinion that a Venusian meteorite is laying around
somewhere here on Earth. Perhaps it has never been recovered, or
maybe it has been misidentified and is languishing in an obscure
collection cabinet somewhere.

If the scientists say it is possible for a Mercury meteorite to arrive
here, no matter how unfavorable the odds, then I would imagine that at
least once in billions of years of history, a Venusian rock has landed
here on Earth.

Maybe it was lost in the ocean. Maybe it fell a billion years ago,
and has since been destroyed or carried deep into the Earth by plate
tectonics. Or maybe, just maybe, it sits in a dark and dusty drawer
of Mr. Rudiger D. Smythe's collection in Pospigo Indiana.

Or maybe it's still circling the Sun out there in it's own peculiar
orbit and a few years from now it will come screaming into our
atmosphere and explode high over Arizona during the annual Tucson gem
show, raining harmless small peas down upon everyone in attendance!

The scientists say it is possible......

Best regards,

MikeG

--