[meteorite-list] $8.5 million — arguably the most valuable meteorite collection ever privately owned.

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:09:17 +0200

It seems to be an ambitious collection without any doubt - may it be worth
8.5 million $ (Business Journal), 5 million $ (Wired), or more, or less.

In any case, these are estimates done by magazines which are far from
meteorites, far from science, even far from this special market. Not really
serious. In fact I miss an article dedicated to Mr. Jain's collection by one
of the really serious meteorite magazines.

To be not misunderstood: I find it great when an entrepreneur like Mr. Jain
dedicates his interest to meteorites. Wonderful, we all feel with him. But
the world of meteorites is enormous, incredibly rich and much more
comprehensive than 'Wired', 'Business Journal' and also single collectors
may think.

Best regards
Matthias

P.S. Adam, this is a remarkable slice of NWA 5000 without any doubt.