[meteorite-list] Choteau - A NEW Ungrouped Pallasite Meteorite

From: Ruben Garcia <rubengarcia85382_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:14:21 -0700

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting the Met-Bulletin update!

The most exciting meteorite on that list must be Choteau - and not
just because of it's beauty. As the bulletin explains, Choteau is as
ultra-rare as pallasites get, and has few rivals.

View photos of this meteorite here:
http://www.mrmeteorite.com/choteaunewmeteorite.htm

Robert Cucchiara and I were lucky enough to have acquired quite a few
slices and an end cut back when everyone was only guessing what it
might be. Many of us thought it would be classified as a pallasite,
but no one knew for sure as it does not look like a typical pallasite
- and to make things more confusing, the isotopes plotted with the
primitive achondrites!

Because of it's rarity we're proud to say we've already placed slices
in some of the best universities and museums in the world.

View photos from our recent (last week) Smithsonian Museum visit.
http://www.mrmeteorite.com/smithsonianvisit.htm

We only have a small amount of this material left as most is sold or on hold.

Special thanks to Tony Irving, Laurence Garvie, Carl Agee, Rhiannon
Mayne, Tim McCoy and Linda Welzenbach for all their help!

--
Rock On!
Ruben Garcia