[meteorite-list] World Record Slice Produced By Marlin Cilz!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

A big congratulations should go out to Marlin Cilz who prepared five new NWA 5000 complete slices.? He broke a world record which I previously held for 5-1/2 years for preparing the single complete slice known as the "Ambassador."? I never disclosed the record while I held it but it is for producing the world's largest Moon rock slice.? It is doubtful that anybody will break Marlin's new record anytime soon,

The record.is:

NWA 5000 Complete Slice:
1,116.78 grams - 238mm X 218mm X 14mm

My brother, Greg and I would have never had Marlin produce a slice this big hadn't it been for a custom order.

Marlin did a world class job of preparing these slices and I wanted to thank him publicly.

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Planetary Collection